- Born: 1513
- Died: 1585
- Sons: Tachibana Muneshige (adopted)
- Other names: Hetsugi/Hekki Akitsura, Oni Dosetsu
- Distinction: Ôtomo retainer
- Japanese: 立花 道雪 (Tachibana Dousetsu)
Dôsetsu was originally known as Hetsugi (Hekki/Hetsuki) Akitsura and was a powerful Ôtomo retainer. He defeated the Tachibana clan and took their castle and name, afterwards becoming almost an independent power. He was known as one of the wisest of the Ôtomo retainers and is remembered in part for a letter he sent other leading Ôtomo retainers that included a condemnation of the spread of Christianity within the Ôtomo domain. He is reputed to have fought in 37 battles despite suffering some degree of paralysis on one side of his body and was known as Demon Dôsetsu (Oni Dôsetsu). He adopted Muneshige, the son of Takahashi Shigetane, as his heir.
- Initial text from Sengoku Biographical Dictionary (Samurai-Archives.com) FWSeal & CEWest, 2005