- Japanese: 義鑑流
- Type: Koppojutsu
- Founder: Uryu Hangan Gikanbo (瓜生判官義鑑房)
According to the traditions of Gyokko Ryu of Sakanoue Taro Kunishige (坂上太郎国重), Uryu Hangan Gikanbo founded it around the middle of the Eiroku period (1558-1570). The lineage appears to be unclear to the next recorded member of the lineage, Uryu Gikan, however, and other sources claim a different lineage.
The following is the lineage as given in Bugei Ryuha Daijiten. There appear to be different claims to lineage of the school, and different romanizations of the names. It is assumed that most of the names are of the 'Uryu' family, although the information below is all that could be found in the reference. Dates are given for some of the lineage, and they are repeated here.
- Uryu Hangan Gikanbo (瓜生義鑑房) (Eiroku, 1558-1570)
- Uryu Gikan (瓜生義鑑) (Kan'ei, 1624-1644)
- Uryu Yoshichika (瓜生義近) (Kanbun, 1661-1673)
- Yoshitaka (義隆) (Genroku, 1668-1704)
- Yoshikata (義方) (Horeki 1751-1764)
- Yoshishige (義茂) (Kansei, 1789-1801)
- Yoshiaki (義明) (Tempo, 1830-1844)
- Yoshiyasu (義安) (Bunkyo, 1861-1864)
- Gikan (義鑑) (Keio, 1865-1868)
- Ishitani Shotaro (石谷松太郎)
- Takamatsu Toshitsugu (高松寿倫)
- Hatsumi Masaaki (初見良昭)
- Akimoto Fumio (秋元文雄)
- Watatani, Kiyoshi and Yamada, Tadashi (2003), Bugei Ryuha Daijiten (武芸流派大辞典), Tokyo Copy, Tokyo, Japan.