Genji 2 (元治二年) / Keiô 1 (慶応一年)
Timeline of 1865
- 1865/1/15 The Tokugawa Bakufu ends the First Chôshû Expedition.
- 1865/5 Sakamoto Ryôma forms Kameyama Shachû trading company.
- 1865/8/24 The first modern ironworks is founded in Yokohama.
- 1865/9/16 Eight British, American, French and Dutch battleships enter Osaka bay.
- 1865/10/5 Emperor Kômei refuses to open Hyôgo port.
Other Events of 1865
Births and Deaths
- Mary McNeil Fenollosa, second wife of Ernest Fenollosa, is born (d. 1954).
- Ôta Chôfu, Ryukyuan journalist and politician, is born.
- Utagawa Kunisada dies (b. 1786).