Keian 3 (慶安三年)
Timeline of 1650
- Chûzan Seikan (Mirror of Chûzan), the first history of Okinawa, is compiled by Shô Shôken.
- Naitô Nobuhiro loses his fief after he is revealed to have taken a Christian samurai into his service without following the proper procedures.
- Construction is completed on the Taj Mahal (begun 1628) in India.
Births and Deaths
- Qing Dynasty Imperial regent Dorgon dies (b. 1612).
- Fûgai Ekun dies (b. 1568).
- Iwasa Matabei, genre painter, dies (b. 1578).
- Kanô Naonobu dies (b. 1607).
- Katayama Hisayasu, founder of Hoki-ryû, dies (b. 1574).
- Matsudaira Tadanao, grandson of Tokugawa Ieyasu, dies (b. 1595).
- Môri Hidemoto dies (b. 1579).
- Ôkubo Tadafusa dies (b. 1572).
- Satô Naokata, Confucian scholar, is born (d. 1719).
- Tokugawa Yoshinao, head of the Owari Tokugawa, dies (b. 1600).
- Uemura Iemasa dies (b. 1589).
- Yagyû Jûbei Mitsuyoshi dies (b. 1607).
- Yamazaki Haruyoshi, daimyô of Marugame han, is born (d. 1657).