Keichô 7 (慶長七年)
Timeline of 1602
- 1602/2 Kyônyo establishes Higashi Hongan-ji.
- 1602/2/1 Ii Naomasa dies.
- 1602/4/11 Tokugawa Ieyasu affirms Shimazu Yoshihisa in his territory in Ôsumi, Hyûga, and Satsuma provinces, grants permission for Shimazu Tadatsune to succeed Yoshihisa, and guarantees Shimazu Yoshihiro's position.
- 1602/10/18 Kobayakawa Hideaki dies.
Other Events of 1602
- Dutch East India Company is formed.
- A Ryukyuan ship is shipwrecked in Date clan territory; its crew are repatriated to Ryûkyû via Satsuma han.
- Shimazu Iehisa suppresses the Shônai Rebellion.
- Spanish ship bound for Mexico becomes shipwrecked at Shimizu Harbor, Tosa province.
- The tenshu of Kanazawa castle is struck by lightning and burns down.
- Sôtatsu repairs the cover pages to the Heike nôkyô.
Births and Deaths