Tenshô 10 (天正十年)
Timeline of 1582
- 1582/1/28 Four boys are sent to Europe by the Ôtomo, Ômura and Arima clan daimyo, to meet with Pope Gregory XIII.
- 1582/3 Battle of Tenmokuzan - Takeda clan is defeated by the combined forces of Tokugawa Ieyasu and Oda Nobunaga.
- 1582/4 The Imperial Court decides to offer Nobunaga the title of shogun.
- 1582/5 Siege of Uozu, Siege of Matsukura - Uozu and Matsukura castles in Etchû province fall to Oda forces.
- 1582/6/2 Honnô-ji Incident - Oda Nobunaga is killed by Akechi Mitsuhide at the Honnô-ji temple in Kyoto.
- 1582/6/8 Toyotomi Hideyoshi names Kamei Korenori "Ryûkyû no kami."
- 1582/6/13 Battle of Yamazaki
- 1582/6/14-15 Azuchi castle is burnt down.
- 1582/7/8 Toyotomi Hideyoshi orders a land survey of Yamashiro province; this continues until 1598.
- 1582/11 Hideyoshi holds a grand funeral for Nobunaga at Daitoku-ji.
Other Events of 1582
Births and Deaths of 1582
- 1582/3 Abe Katsuyoshi and Takeda Katsuyori, among others, are killed at Tenmokuzan.
- 1582/6/2 Oda Nobunaga is killed at Honnô-ji.
- 1582/6/15 Akechi Mitsuhide is killed.
- Anayama Beisetsu is killed shortly after the attack on Honnô-ji.
- Fuwa Mitsuharu dies.
- Kuchiba Michiyoshi dies.
- Zhang Juzheng dies.