Genki 1 (元亀元年)
Timeline of 1570
- 1570/1/8 Takeda Shingen takes Hanzawa castle from Ôhara Sukeyoshi.
- 1570/4 Oda Nobunaga visits Kyoto and prepares a campaign against Asakura Yoshikage.
- 1570/5 Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu march against Asakura Yoshikage of Echizen; Nobunaga is betrayed by Asai Nagamasa, his brother-in-law and is forced to retreat.
- 1570/6 Nobunaga and Tokugawa defeat the forces of the Asai and Asakura clans at Anegawa in Ômi province; afterwards Nobunaga makes an effort to bring down the Asai's Odani castle but withdraws after about a week.
- 1570/7 Takeda Shingen leads an army into Suruga province.
- Takeda Shingen clashes with Hôjô and Imagawa troops in Suruga province.
- Nobunaga initiates hostilities with the Ishiyama Honganji.
- Nobunaga gains control of Sakai (Settsu province).
- The Battle of Imayama: Ôtomo troops are defeated by a Ryûzôji army led by Nabeshima Naoshige. This victory allows Ryûzôji Takanobu to extend his power in Hizen.
- 1570/12 Oda Nobunaga makes peace with Asai and Asakura.
Other Events of 1570
- Nagasaki is established as a trading port; the Portuguese establish a trade route from there to Malacca via Macao.
- Ryukyuan trading ships arrive in Siam for the last time; this marks the end of Ryukyuan activity in Southeast Asia.
- Emissaries from Satsuma province arrive in Okinawa, seeking tribute or vassalage from the Kingdom of Ryûkyû and are refused.
Battles of 1570
Births and Deaths