Meiô 9 (明応九年)
Timeline of 1500
- 1500/6/7 The first Gion Matsuri takes place since the Ônin War.
- 1500/9/2 Hatakeyama Hisanobu defeats Hosokawa Motoari at Kishiwada.
Other Events of 1500
- Emperor Go-Kashiwabara succeeds his father as Emperor of Japan.
- Môri Motonari's older brother Okimoto takes over as head of the Môri clan. Motonari and his father transfer to Tahiji-Sarukake castle.
- Forces of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû suppress the rebellion of Oyake Akahachi in the Yaeyama Islands.
- Nakasone Toyomiya leads forces of the Miyako Islands in support of Ryûkyû's suppression of the rebellion of Oyake Akahachi; he seizes control of Ishigaki-jima, Yonaguni-jima, and a number of other islands in the process, then submits to the authority of the Kingdom, which officially recognizes Nakasone as chief of the Miyakos.
- The Kingdom of Ryûkyû begins appointing kashira (local "heads") to administer areas in the Miyako and Yaeyama Islands.
- The Kingdom of Ryûkyû first appoints oamu (high priestesses) to oversee religious matters in the Yaeyama Islands.
- Shibukawa Taneômaru is appointed Kyushu Tandai.
Births and Deaths