Kyôtoku 2 (享徳二年)
Timeline of 1453
Other Events of 1453
- The Hakata merchant Dôan travels to Korea as an envoy of the Ryûkyû Kingdom.
- Kusuha Sainin journeys to China.
- Shô Taikyû becomes Prince of Goeku.
- Succession disputes over the throne of Ryûkyû lead to the destruction of Shuri castle and of many artifacts, including a set of silver seals granted the King of Ryûkyû by the Hongwu Emperor as symbols of authority.
- A tally trade mission, consisting of nine ships, and co-sponsored by Tenryû-ji, Ise Hôrakusha, the Kyushu Tandai, Yamato Tônomine, and the Ôtomo and Ôuchi clans, arrives in China.
Births and Deaths
- 1453/4/18 King of Ryûkyû Shô Kinpuku dies (b. 1398).
- Shiro and Furi, son and brother to Shô Kinpuku respectively, die in the succession dispute.