- Birth: 1848/5/20 (6/20/1848)
- Death: 1901/12/2 10AM Japan standard time
- Original name: 谷 周平 (Tani Shuuhei)
- Japanese: 近藤 周平 (Kondou Shuuhei)
Kondô Shûhei came from Bitchû Matsuyama han, and was Tani Sanjurô's younger brother. He was adopted by Kondô Isami but the adoption was broken up after Tani Sanjurô's death. (His name changed back to Tani Shuhei) He deserted from the Shinsengumi when they withdrew to Osaka after the Battle of Toba-Fushimi.
- Shinsengumi - Honor and Determination of the Mibu Rôshi (血誠新撰組-峻烈壬生浪士忠と斬), Rekishi Gunzô series #31, Gakken, Japan, 2003
- J-Wikipedia Tani Shuhei