- Japanese: 兒玉兄弟 (Kodama kyoudai)
The Kodama brothers were five brothers who all fought and died in various portions of the 1877 Satsuma Rebellion, mostly in and around Kumamoto. All are buried together in the Nanshû Cemetery in Kagoshima.
The five brothers were:
- Kodama Sanenao 実直, also known as Hachinoshin, who died at Ogawa in Higo province on 1877/3/26, at the age of 35.
- Sanekiyo 真清, also known as Yahachirô, who died at Takemura in Higo province on 1877/6/15, at the age of 32.
- Saneyasu 真休, also known as Jûrô, who died at Kitome in Higo province on 1877/3/5, at the age of 28.
- Sanetake 実健, also known as Hachirô, who died at Tabaru in Higo province on 1877/3/11 at the age of 23. *Hikokichi 彦吉, who died at age 17 at the battle of Shiroyama, in Kagoshima City, on 1877/9/24.
- Plaque at Nanshû Cemetery, Kagoshima.