Samurai-Archives

Kaikoku-ji

From SamuraiWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Established: 1539
  • Other Names: 玉竜山 (Gyokuryuuzan)
  • Japanese: 海国寺 (Kaikokuji)

Kaikoku-ji is a Rinzai Zen Buddhist temple in Nagoya, established in 1539.

The temple grounds contain the grave of Tokashiki peechin Shinfu Ma Genei (1710-1749), who was a shisan (captain of the guard) in the 1748 Ryukyuan embassy to Edo. He died on 1/12 the following year during the return from Edo, and was buried at Kaikoku-ji.

References

External Links

Personal tools