Jôwa 9 (承和九年)
Timeline of 842
- Jôwa 8/12/19 (2 Feb) - The revising of the Nihonkôki is completed.
- Jôwa 8/12/22 (5 Feb) - Envoys from the Manchu kingdom of Balhae arrive in Nagato province.
- 1/10 Envoys from Silla arrive in Kyushu.
- 2/20 The envoys from Balhae arrive in Kyoto.
- 8/15 Senior Assistant Governor General (Daini) of the Dazaifu requests that people from Silla be banned from entering Japan.
- 7/17 Tachibana Hayanari (Gon-no-kami of Tajima province) and Tomo Kowamine (a bodyguard to the Crown Prince) are arrested for plotting rebellion.
- 7/23 Crown Prince Tsunesada is dismissed; Dainagon Fujiwara no Naritoki is removed from office and banished from the capital. Chûnagon Fujiwara no Yoshino is made Provisional Governor-General (gon-sotsu) of the Dazaifu.
- 7/28 Tachibana Hayanari is exiled to Izu, and Tomo Kowamine to the Oki Islands.
- 8/4 Prince Michiyasu is named Crown Prince.
Other Events of 842
Births and Deaths