Revision as of 12:47, 1 September 2013 by LordAmeth
Meiji 25 (明治二十五年)
Timeline of 1892
Other Events of 1892
- The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association calls on the 110,000 Chinese living in the United States to disobey the Geary Act, which required those of Chinese descent to carry photo-identification.
- Inuyama castle suffers extensive damage in an earthquake.
- Professor George Ladd arrives in Japan.
- Protests are held against the poll tax in the Miyako Islands.
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston obtains the Edward Sylvester Morse Collection of Japanese ceramics.
- Construction begins on the 'modern' Tokyo waterworks system.
Births and Deaths
- 1892/2/1 Novelist Shimozawa Kan is born.
- 1892/2/28 Echigo Saburô dies.
- Nihonga painter Goseda Hôryû is dies (d. 1827).
- Higa Keijô is born.
- Ryukyuan painter Kyûna Anshin dies (b. 1831).
- Maeno Gorô dies.
- Ozeki Masajirô dies.
- Artist Tsukioka Yoshitoshi dies (b. 1839).
- Novelist Yoshikawa Eiji is born.