Hôei 7 (宝永七年)
Timeline of 1710
- 1710/3/3 Arai Hakuseki borrows the records of previous Ryukyuan embassies.
- 1710/8/10 Emperor Nakamikado takes the throne.
- 1710/int.8/26 Ryukyuan embassy departs Kagoshima.
- 1710/11/11 Ryukyuan embassy arrives in Edo.
- 1710/11/18,21,23 Ryukyuan embassy meets with Shogun or shogunal officials at Edo castle.
- 1710/12/18 Ryukyuan embassy departs Edo.
Other Events of 1710
- The buke shohatto is repromulgated.
- Paper money, and trading in futures, first begins to develop, in connection with the activities of the Dôjima Rice Exchange.
- Gion Nankai is pardoned, and is allowed to return to his family's han, from which he had been exiled 10 years prior.
- Komakine Masakata and Hisamatsu Sadamochi are named Nagasaki bugyô.
- The post of sanshin-uchi is created in the Ryûkyû Kingdom.
Births and Deaths
- Tôdô Takaharu, daimyô of Tsu han, is born (d. 1735).
- Tosa Mitsunari dies (b. 1647).
- Tsukioka Settei is born (d. 1786).