Kanbun 10 (寛文十年)
Timeline of 1670
- 1670/1/11 Prince Nakagusuku takes the throne in Ryûkyû as King Shô Tei.
- 1670/2/22 Hotta Masatoshi appointed Wakadoshiyori.
- 1670/6/12 Hayashi Gahô completes Honchô Tsugan.
- 1670/8/13 Bakufu issues new thrift law.
Other Events of 1670
- The bayonet is invented in Europe.
- Shô Shôken requires all members of the aristocracy of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû to submit geneological charts.
- The shogunate limits kabuki theatres in Edo to four: the Morita-za, Ichimura-za, Nakamura-za, and Yamamura-za.
- The position of Nagasaki tandai shoku is abolished.
Births and Deaths
- 1670/3/7 Sekiguchi Ujimune, jujutsu practitioner, dies (b. 1598).
- Asano Nagahiro, hatamoto, is born (d. 1734).
- Horibe Taketsune, one of the 47 Ronin, is born (d. 1703).
- Kurahashi Takeyuki, one of the 47 Ronin, is born (d. 1703).
- Ôkubo Tadamoto, Nagasaki tandai shoku, dies.
- Tominomori Masayori, one of the 47 Ronin, is born (d. 1703).
- Fuwa Masatane, one of the 47 Ronin, is born (d. 1703).
- Hôjô Ujinaga, hatamoto and military scholar, dies (b. 1609).
- Ryôkei, abbot of Myôshin-ji, dies (b. 1602).
- Tosa school artist Sumiyoshi Jokei dies (b. 1599).