Revision as of 09:57, 22 August 2018 by LordAmeth
Kan'ei 7 (寛永七年)
Timeline of 1630
- 1630/6/14 Flood in Echizen kills more than 200 people.
- 1630/7/13 Kyoto Shoshidai receives Shichu Seimu Oboegaki from Bakufu.
- 1630/9/12 Enthronement ceremony of Empress Meishô.
Other Events of 1630
- Hayashi Razan establishes the private academy which will later become the Shôheizaka gakumonjo.
- Nihonmachi (Japanese district) in Thai capital of Ayutthaya burned down; Japanese residents flee or are killed.
- Satsuma han orders that one of the three Ryukyuan Sanshikan must be resident in Kagoshima as a hostage for a three year period (to be followed after that by a different member of the Sanshikan, for three years). This system remains in place until 1646.
- Shogunate formally severs diplomatic relations with Ayutthaya.
- Shogunate bans establishment of new Buddhist temples.
- Ban on onna-kabuki is reissued.
Births and Deaths
- 10/5 Todo Takatora dies.
- Matsukura Shigemasa dies.
- Yamada Nagamasa, head of the Japanese community in Ayutthaya, is poisoned and killed (b. 1590).