Kan'ei 3 (寛永三年)
Timeline of 1626
- 1626/9/3 Construction is completed on Ueno Tôshôgû.
Other Events of 1626
- Ayutthaya's fifth diplomatic mission to Japan takes place.
- Shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu journeys to Kyoto with his father, retired shogun Tokugawa Hidetada.
- Three years of renovations on Nijô castle, including the creation of fusuma paintings by Kanô Tan'yû come to an end.
- Ishin Sûden, shogunal foreign affairs advisor, is named Enshô Honkô Kokushi by Emperor Go-Mizunoo.
- Shimazu Tadatsune is named Chûnagon.
- Oze Hoan writes the Taikô-ki, a biography of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- A Japanese Christian mission is established in Tonkin.
- Nguyen lords sever ties with Trinh and begin to rule southern Vietnam in earnest.
- Ryukyuan mission has audience with Emperor Go-Mizunoo.
Births and Deaths
- Godai Tomoyoshi, Shimazu clan retainer, dies (b. 1539).
- Kanze Kokusetsu dies.
- Christian daimyo Naitô Joan dies.
- Nose Yoritsugu, retainer to Mitsuhide and Hideyoshi, dies (b. 1562).
- Nurhachi dies (b. 1559).
- Oeyo, wife of Tokugawa Hidetada, dies.
- Tokugawa Mitsusada is born (d. 1705).
- Wakizaka Yasuharu, one of the Seven Spears of Shizugatake, dies (b. 1554).
- Yamana Toyokuni, lord of Inaba, dies (b. 1548).
- Yamaoka Shigekage, Date clan retainer, dies (b. 1544).