Tenshô 19 (天正十九年)
Timeline of 1591
Other Events of 1591
- Date clan moved from Dewa province to Iwadeyama in Mutsu province by order of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Gamô clan given Aizu as their domain, under the Uesugi clan.
- Hideyoshi, via the Shimazu clan of Satsuma, requests the aid of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû for his invasions of Korea; the request is refused, and Ryûkyû informs Ming Dynasty China of the impending invasion.
- Hideyoshi eliminates the last opposition in northern Honshû, uniting Japan under his rule.
- Hideyoshi declares a ban on samurai becoming farmers or merchants, and on farmers becoming merchants.
- Hideyoshi begins construction on Hizen Nagoya castle, in Kyushu, to be used for his Korean Invasions.
Births and Deaths
- 1591/1/22 Toyotomi Hidenaga (b. 1540) dies.
- 1591/2/28 Sen no Rikyû (b. 1522) commits suicide.
- Tsuda Sôgyû dies.