Tenshô 3 (天正三年)
Timeline of 1575
- 1575/3 Oda Nobunaga receives permission to obtain a piece of the ranjatai, a piece of aromatic sandalwood kept in the Shôsôin and normally restricted only to Imperial access.
- 1575/3 Envoys of King Shô Ei of the Ryûkyû Kingdom are received by Shimazu Yoshihisa in Kagoshima.
- 1575/4 Takeda Katsuyori enters Mikawa province.
- 1575/5 Oda Nobunaga campaigns against the Miyoshi in Settsu province.
- 1575/5/21 Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu defeat Takeda Katsuyori at the Battle of Nagashino. 10,000 Takeda warriors are slain.
- 1575/8 The Oda army seizes Fuchû castle in Echizen from the Asakura clan, giving it to Maeda Toshiie.
- 1575/9 The Oda defeat the Honganji's supporters in Echizen, which is given to Shibata Katsuie.
- 1575/12 Oda Nobutada sieges and recaptures Iwamura castle.
Other Events of 1575
- Kobayakawa Takakage and Ukita Naoie defeat Mimura Motochika of Bingo province and force him to commit suicide.
- Uesugi Kenshin seizes Matsukura castle from the Shiina clan, marking his rise to power over all of Etchû province.
Births and Deaths of 1575
- Mimura Motochika commits suicide.
- Takeda Nobuzane, Baba Nobufusa, Yamagata Masakage, Naito Masatoyo, Hara Masatane, Sanada Nobutsuna, Sanada Masateru, Kasai Mitsuhide, Wada Narishige, Yonekura Shigetsugu, Torii Suneemon and Atobe Shigemasa are killed at the Battle of Nagashino.
- Poet Wang Siren is born (d. 1646).