Revision as of 13:29, 8 May 2013 by LordAmeth
Eiroku 1 (永禄元年)
Timeline of 1558
- 1558/7/12 battle of Ukino - Oda Nobunaga defeats forces of Iwakura castle, but does not press on to siege the castle.
Other Events of 1558
- Elizabeth I takes the throne in England.
- Kinoshita Tôkichirô (who would later become Toyotomi Hideyoshi) first enters the employ of Oda Nobunaga.
- Môri clan seizes Moji castle from the Ôtomo.
- Matsudaira Motoyasu (Tokugawa Ieyasu), fights his first battle, retaking Terabe castle for the Imagawa clan, from Oda Nobunaga.
- Asai Hisamasa makes peace with the Rokkaku clan.
- Miyake clan become retainers of the Matsudaira clan.
- Battle of Urushihara - Takenaka Shigemoto seizes the lands of the Iwate clan.
Births and Deaths
- Ei Hisatora, Shimazu clan retainer, is born (d. 1587).
- Hachisuka Iemasa, retainer to Nobunaga and Hideyoshi, is born (d. 1638).
- Hosho Ikkan dies.
- Kimotsuki Kaneaki is born (d. 1634).
- Kimotsuki Kanehiro, Shimazu retainer, is born (d. 1590).
- Môri Nagayoshi is born (d. 1584).
- Oda Nobuo, son of Nobunaga, is born (d. 1630).
- Oda Nobutaka, son of Nobunaga, is born (d. 1583).
- Ôtomo Yoshimune, son of Ôtomo Sôrin, is born (d. 1605).