Taiei 4 (大永四年)
Timeline of 1524
- 1524/1/13 In The Battle of Takanawahara (also known as the Siege of Edo), Hôjô Ujitsuna defeats Ota Suketaka, a Uesugi vassal, expanding Hôjô power deeper into the Kantô.
- 1524/7/23 Takeda Nobutora makes peace with Hôjô Ujitsuna.
Other Events of 1524
- Earliest mention of the Noh play Hagoromo.
- Nishitô is appointed ôyako of Taketomi Island, and establishes a kuramoto administrative office there.
- King Shô Shin establishes a system of colored hachimaki indicating court rank among aristocrat-bureaucrats of the Ryûkyû Kingdom.
Births and Deaths